Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Miss My Dad

Today I started a new job and this week will be commuting to Guelph, ON. Driving down highway 7 means that I drive right past the cemetary where my dad is buried. I hadn't been to the cemetary in a couple of weeks and driving by there at 7:30 this morning was hard. I ended up crying. Not so wonderful to start crying while driving to the first day of a new job. On the way home, I stopped at the cemetary. It's hard to believe that dad's gone forever. So I have been sad much of today. I guess I get to drive by the cemetary all week. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Shelly,
Prayers for you, and in time, things will get a little easier to bare. My dad's been gone 4 years in July. Best wishes for your job, and again, you're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

((Shelly,))

First of congrats on the new job (sorry I have been absent lately). I am so sorry again for the loss of your dad. I cannot imagine the feeling of pain associated with losing my father but please know that he is is HEAVEN and watching over you each and every day ~ especially as you make that day road trip to work and back.

(HUGS to you))